Webinar Session by Michael Plöd:
- 1: Overview and Core Values
- 2: Strategic Design
(a very good introduction into context maps, also listen to some of the questions at the end!)
- 3: Internal Building Blocks
- 4: Domain Events & Event Storming
- 5: Implementing DDD
Books and readings
- The Original Book: Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software by Eric Evans ("the blue book"))
The book is still valid today - even after 15 years. But it has shown that some important concepts are to far back in the book.
So there is an alternative reading order by Greg Young: read chapter 1-3, then skip to 11 to the end, then return to 3 and read to the end (yes, read chapters 11+ twice).
I've made some notes for the "what we have learned from the book" video in a blog post.
- Implementing Domain-Driven Design by Vaughn Vernon.
- Conspectus - Before reading Domain Driven Design book of Eric Evans
- Domain Driven Design - CQRS
- Gist about DDD/CQRS/ES/Architecture videos
- Book Domain-Driven Design kompakt (ca 150 pages)
- Book: Vaughn Vernon’s Domain-Driven Design Distilled (ca. 160 Seiten)
- Book: Scott Millet’s The Anatomy of Domain-Driven Design (leanpub)
- Book: DDD Reference (oder in Deutsch auf leanpub)
- Virtual DDD - very nice website with lots of material and links that point you to get into DDD or push your knowledge even further.
- DDD Crew on GitHub
- Event-Storming, a method crafted by Alberto Brondolini to help extract boundaries from all the events in a system.
- Awesome-Eventstorming - collection of event-storming materials on GitHub.
- Awesome-Eventstorming Website (on Virtual DDD)
- The levels of Event Storming (Article)
- Big-Picture Event-Storming
- Process-Level Event-Storming
- Design-Level Event-Storming
- Blog Post Series about Design Level Event Storming, an Agenda, the Benefits and Tips & Tricks by Philippe Bourgau
- Design Level EventStorming – INNOQ Technology Lunch (Youtube, Miro)
- Design Level Event Storming with examples! (Mr. Picky)
- What are Domain Events (Blog Post)
- Domain Event (Fowler)
- Event Sourcing (Fowler)
- Domain Events vs. Event Sourcing (Blog Post), (English Version)
An article that demonstrates context mapping, by Alberto Brandolini (Nov. 2009)
- Eric Evans – What I’ve learned about DDD since the book (gojko.net)
- YouTube: "All you aggregates are wrong" and the related Git repo: github.com/mauroservienti/all-our-aggregates-are-wrong-demos
Let's not overdo this
- jmolecules - A set of libraries to help developers work with architectural concepts in Java.